Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Swan Shock" now online

For any of you from the Northwest, I had Laurelhurst Park (Portland) in mind as the setting for this fantasy, a secular update on Leda and the Swan. A dozen years ago, an editor I respected rejected the story so I wrote another, shorter, more comic version called "Therapy" that he published. I've since read "Therapy" twice for San Miguel events. It has also appeared translated in Espresso, the literary section of El Correo, the Leon newspaper.

To make a long story short, in 2009 when I sent the original story to the Bewildering Stories folks, they liked it, "Swan Shock" is now online at www.bewilderingstories.com. Click issue 371 where you'll find fiction that despite the website name is not bewildering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always interested in hearing from readers like you. Keep commenting!