Monday, September 13, 2010

Guanajuato Birthday Party

I'm not 200 years old like Mexico, but I decided to celebrate my recent birthday with friends from the Paseo de la Presa-Embajadoras-Pastita part of Guanajuato, in other words, my neighbors. We feasted on French chocolate cake from El Midi in Plaza San Fernando and three flavors of ice-cream, banana, pistachio and mantecado (something like rum-raisin and a great Mexican favorite), washed down by iced tea and soft drinks. Some of the guests knew each other, others didn't at the beginning. Everyone, Mexican or gringo, sang Las Mananitas the Mexican birthday song and I ended up with two bouquets of flowers, two flowering plants and a round box of little cakes covered with lemon frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always interested in hearing from readers like you. Keep commenting!